What if a family member used my identity or Social Security number without my permission?

Collection Stopper Video FAQ

This is an emotional question, but it requires a logical answer. In any identity theft situation, you must file a police report. Once you do that, you let the police and everyone else know that a family member has robbed you of your identity. Without doing that, two things will happen. You will be responsible for those debts if you try to help the family member by paying them off and the negative consequences of those bad debts will appear on your credit report. While you may have an emotional attachment to the person who did this to you, it's better to be logical and protect yourself. 

Free Case Evaluation

Fill out our online form
He and his staff was quick to give me the steps I needed to take to successfully win these cases and they were on top of everything. I thank Brian for clearing my name and getting my credit back." Read More
– Richard, ID Theft and Debt Collection Client

Victory on Attorney Fees

Victory Against the City of Detroit