ID Theft or Errors on Your Credit Report?

If you are the victim of identity theft, had your credit merged with someone else's or just want the inaccuracies off your credit reports, call us at (248) 342-9583. We have extensive experience in cleaning up credit report errors and getting you money damages from the companies that are ruining your credit. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) we make the bad guys pay you and our attorney fees and costs.

One in four credit reports contains errors serious enough to cause consumers to be denied credit, a loan, an apartment or home loan or even a job, according to a survey released by US Public Interest Research Groups.

How Can I Fix My Credit After an ID Theft or False Reporting on my Credit?

The first thing you should do is check your credit history. Under Federal law, you are entitled to a free copy of each of your credit reports annually. The three big credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, have set up a website to allow you to get your free reports (one from each) at Use only that site to avoid "paying" for other "Free" imposter sites.

Under Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) you have the right of access to:

  • One free disclosure every 12 months from each credit bureau and specialty consumer reporting agencies, nationwide, so you can check for credit report errors
  • The name, address, and phone number of the CRA that provide your credit report information or consumer report
  • Your credit report information with your Social Security number

A free file disclosure to you is warranted if:

  • The misinformation in your credit report has adversely affected your chances of getting credit, insurance or employment
  • You are the victim of identity theft and a fraud alert has to be added
  • Your file has inaccurate information as a result of fraud
  • You are unemployed but expect to apply for employment within 60 days
  • You had applied for a credit card, bank or other loan, or seek housing through renta

Credit Repairs on Your Credit Reports?

The FCRA gives you specific rights for Credit Repair:

  • A CRA requires your written consent to give out information about you to, your employer or a potential employer
  • If a CRA, a user of consumer reports, or an informant to a CRA violates the FCRA, a lawsuit in a state or a federal court will restore your rights
  • Identity theft victims and active duty military personnel have additional rights
  • You may have additional rights under state law

Credit Score and Credit Report Errors

Once you have found any inaccuracies or negative trade lines on your credit history, you have a right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information on your credit report. If you identify incomplete or inaccurate information on your credit score:

  • Report it to the CRA for the CRAs to investigate, correct, and delete inaccurate, incomplete, or unverifiable information within 30 days
  • Report accurate information
  • Dispute the inaccuracies on your credit for removing the error and raising your scores

So the next best thing you can do after you look at your credit reports is to dispute any inaccuracies or negative trade lines on your credit history. This must be done before you can file a lawsuit under the FCRA to remove the bad stuff. Here is a free dispute letter in WORD. Fill in the blanks, sign the letter and send with a copy of your ID and Credit history pages showing the debt you want removed in a circle. Send this letter to the three credit bureaus and any creditor or debt collector on the credit that is displaying the debt. The letters should be sent certified, return receipt requested and keep a copy of the SIGNED letters so they can't falsely say you did not send the letters.

What we can do to help you?

Contact us before or after you send the free dispute letter to the three credit agencies and creditors. If they do not correct the errors within 30 days, we will sue them and clean the mess up for you.

The Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act is a Consumer Statute that can remove the bad marks, get you compensation and get any attorney fees and costs paid if you prevail for Free Help. We make the bad guys who caused your problems pay you and pay us!